- Drug Utilization Management or Coverage Rules - (Drug Usage Mgmt) - This shows the plan requires drug utilization management controls for this particular medication.
- None - This drug does not fall under any drug utilization management controls.
- P - Prior Authorization -This drug is subject to prior authorization.
- S - Step Therapy -This drug is subject to step therapy.
- Q - Quantity Limits -This drug is subject to quantity limits. The actual quantity limit is shown as Q:Amount/Days. For Example: Q:6/28Days means the quantity limit is a quantity of 6 pills per 28 days. Q:90/365Days would mean that the plan limits this drug to 90 pills for the entire year.
(Chart Source: Centers for Medicare and Medicaid files: CMS Data January 2016 )
Please note: The above plan information comes from CMS. We make every attempt to keep our information up-to-date with plan/premium changes. However, the Medicare Part D plan data changes over time and we cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information. You should always verify cost and coverage information with your Part D plan provider.